View Single Post
Lilbutterflie 02:14 PM 04-09-2010
Thank you for the advice! I still haven't made up my mind whether I will charge them in full according to my contract, or charge them for only the days used. The thing is, I always have to wait around until 10am or 11am before I get the call that says whether I'll be watching them or not. To me, because I can't plan any of my days, they should have to pay in full. Half the day is wasted before I know whether they are coming! The funny thing is that my sister-in-law, their mom, used to do daycare for 10 years! She used to be MY daycare provider before I quit my job and decided to stay home. Now she works and I watch her kids! So she knows & understands the contract... she either expects me to bend the rules b/c we are family or they really do NOT have the money. It's probably the latter, but now my family is suffering because we haven't been paid! They have NEVER paid on time, it's usually four days late, but I never charge them late fees. What would you guys do if this was one of your clients and NOT your family?