View Single Post
Janet 11:47 AM 06-11-2010
Is this a home daycare or not? I'm a home daycare and I don't have a supervisor. I make my own policies and my own contract. All that licensing is involved in is the health and safety aspect. I'm confused about that part.

As far as the other stuff goes, without knowing what the policies are from the contract, it's hard to say if a refund is required or not.

Kids go through stages where they will run to the door at pick up time, and they may even be crying. Then at other times, they will cry when their parents come to pick them up! They are having fun and the parents arriving to pick them up puts a stop to whatever fun thing they were doing. Couldn't it just mean that your child missed you? It doesn't mean that your provider was not doing her job. My daughter used to cry at drop off time and then at pick up time, sometimes she would run to me and sometimes she would be mad that I was there to get her. At first, I thought that the tears meant that she was unhappy, but after talking to her provider about her morning tears, I realized that I was sticking around a little too long at drop off.