View Single Post
sparrow 07:57 PM 10-03-2013
i put my 20 month old daughter in montesorri.

teacher A. was great...bit on older side...motherly type...she was lead teacher...after 2 weeks...she left. Assistant became the lead we can call teacher B.

2nd day with this teacher...when i went to pick my daughter, she was lying in her mat...awake...i went to her...saying hey...and smiling...but she wont get up...she kept on laying down...in previous weeks she would come running to me and give me a hug...this time...till teacher B. did not say ...you can get up and go to your mom...she simply did not get up ..no smile..nothing...

i was upset...and i went to the director and complained..saying she is scared of this teacher B. this has never happened...before...and i feel she was forced to take a nap...etc. director assured me this is not the case...teacher is great...and how she was in the room herself today...and saw my daughter clinging closely to this teacher B. and she said she would investigate. but kept on saying i may be misreading this.

next day..this teacher B was really nice to me...talked to me...(she never used to...) and was very friendly. for next couple days..she would already be awake when i went...whihc is at a fixed time everyday. in the morning i started seeing..my daughter would run to her..and hold her hand..

i was very pleased. but it was only for couple of days...this week when i am dropped her off...she is crying alot....( she had stopped crying in between for a week or so ) so today when i dropped her off...there were 2 teachers....teacher B was in restroom changing diapers..and other teacher ust walking around...i left my daughter in there...and stood outside the classroom.

no one could see me.

then i heard teacher B yelling...

" No More crying ! I dont want to hear anyone CRY ! No one is going to cry "

i was shocked. i couldnt believe it...i stood in the hallway for while..then i came to her door to see...whats happening..
teacher B was sitting ...she saw me...and gave me a thumbs up..that everything is good..i looked at my daughter...she was jsut standing ...scared..confused type...then teacher B said..come give me a hug...my daughter was just looking at her...teacher B kept on saying come on come on..give me a hug...my daughter slowly walked up to her...and gave her a hug...teacher B told her to wave me good bye...and she just blankly looked at me and said bye...

i came home....wrote a letter saying this will be her last month. and dropped it off to the school.

after an hour i got a call frm the owner...i told her i cant talk as i am driving i will talk next day .

i have paid oct. tuition and they have 400$ refundable deposit..with my 30 week notice.

i gave the notice right away....

shoudl i tell the owner i did not like the way teacher B was talking to the students...and it was my daughter who was crying...and getting yelled at.

if i do...and i have to keep her there for the month..i am afraid teacher will be more mean towards her...!

i am thinking to keep my mouth shut and tell the owner on the last day .

is there anyway i can tell her to refund the oct. tuition and 400$? since i have to leave cause of the teacher there.

i know 100 percent if i tell owner...she will have a talk with this teacher B. and this teacher might not be nice to my daughter from then on.
even though there was another teacher in class when yelling was going on...i am sure this teacher wont speak up and deny it.