View Single Post
nannyde 08:47 AM 08-06-2010
Originally Posted by Crystal:
I'd love to see an explanation from the parent. Perhaps she is aware that the provider is gay, and while she respects that on a day to day basis, she prefers that her child does not participate in open celebrations about it, just as parents with differing religious beliefs may love their provider even though she may be of different religious beliefs, they do not have their child participate when there are religious holidays or celebrations. Same thing IMO.
I had this family interview when my kid was three. They told me they were some religion that I don't remember. They had some food restrictions and a NO TV thing, but what I do remember was the no Christmas images. They told me they didn't want there to be a Christmas Tree in the house or any images of Santa. They didn't want any Easter Bunny Stuff or Leprechauns on St. Patty's day.

I told them NO. I'm not not having a Christmas Tree, presents, and Santa for my kid. Aint happening.

Now maybe I broke some laws and maybe I'm supposed to make those accomodations but I refused to do it. My dcp's all do Christmas, they celebrate Easter, we wear green on St Patty's. I'm not going to take away our identity to accomodate theirs.

I could see the TV thing and the meal accomodations but Christmas was where I drew my line.

The line that must not be crossed may be the "Gay Pride" line for that provider (if it's real).