View Single Post
Snowmom 06:49 AM 04-07-2020
Isn't it funny how most of us feel it's not a big deal to stay home, we do that anyway.

I'm open but low enrollment. Honestly, I really thought I would close. I still contemplate if I'm doing the right thing for my own family (and me with asthma).
I've lost a couple families but hold them no ill will. It was no fault of their own.

Then I have the typical three types of families left.

The amazing:
I have two amazing families that are staying home and paying me full amount without question. Actually, these are the moms on social media arguing about why you should be paying your daycare. I love them dearly!

The Complainers:
Then there are the ones who reluctantly pay you but not without a passive aggressive insult about how they don't want to. Even though it's their choice to keep their kid(s) home. Even though they still get paid their regular salary. I almost wish they would refuse so that I can, in all good conscious, say "too bad, so sad, you no longer have daycare. Byeee".

The IDK's:
I have several of those. They never tell me if/when they are coming. They pay, but wait to the very last second. They are untruthful about their schedules and communicate very, very little.

I think my view of people will be very different after all this is said and done.