Thread: Snack Time
View Single Post
Former Teacher 07:42 AM 07-09-2020
At my former center, snack was 8:15-8:45 with circle time starting immediately at 9:00 am. If they were there prior to 8:45 they ate. Once it's put away, oh well.

On a side note, I remember the menu that was posted. It said Breakfast, Lunch, Snack. That always bothered me because it wasn't breakfast. It was a snack. I brought my concerns to the director, only to be told that it was my OCD (I didn't know I had it ) talking and if we said Snack, parents wouldn't know what we were talking about.

So one day I was chatting with a parent. She asked me what was for breakfast that morning. Now on the "menu" it was listed with things like cereal, pancakes, waffles, etc.

So I told her the truth, it was Cheese Toast. She asked what else? Ummm? Juice? What else? That's it.

She was under the impression that the breakfast was a BREAKFAST....just like how my OCD saw it.

I had to explain to her that no, it was a snack. Just something to get little tummies held over until lunch. Then the afternoon snack was something until dinner. So she hadn't been feeding her daughter in the morning because she assumed we would be feeding her.

I told her to say something to the Director/Owner because I was sure other people noticed it as well.

Sure enough, not long after, the menu was changed to AM Snack, Lunch, PM Snack