View Single Post
QualiTcare 09:52 PM 02-26-2011
that situation sounds a little fishy and annoying if it's that point blank.

i also think providers get caught up with "clock in and clock out" times at work as well.

i remember a post awhile back where someone just couldn't understand why a parent who worked night shift used daycare so she could sleep. well, i recently started working night shift (7pm - 7am) and i actually clock in around 6:35pm and today clocked out at 7:45am. i have an hour commute on top of that so it was about 9am when i got home. after taking a shower which is a MUST w my job (healthcare) - it was nearly 10am before i went to sleep and if i had to be back at work, i would've had to wake up at 4pm at the latest (which i've done the past 3 days), but i was off today. it just amazes me that someone would think it was crazy for someone working that sort of schedule to use daycare. i mean who would choose 6 hours of sleep before another 14 hour day over spending time with their precious child?! doesn't everyone want their loved one's healthcare provider caring for them after being awake for 48 hours? and i would DARE someone on top of that to ask me why i had children - just sayin.

OP - i know that's not YOUR situation, but i'm just saying in general i think providers sometimes get caught up in the times parents have to "clock in" and "clock out" and don't consider anything else that's involved like commute times or god forbid - sleep. there are stretches where i barely see my kids because i'm asleep while they're at school and i'm getting ready for work right when they're getting home, but there are also 3-4 days where i'm off and i don't work at all.

you're damned if you do and damned if you don't because if someone doesn't work and can't provide for their child(ren) then it's "why do people keep having kids they can't take care of?!" but when someone has kids and then they work so they CAN provide for them it's "why have kids if you don't get to spend time with them?!"

this might be the wrong forum for that little rant, but it just reminded me of things i've heard/read here in the past and hit home at the moment.