View Single Post
MarinaVanessa 09:55 AM 11-05-2012
Woah that was a lot of info. Here are my thoughts. I hope I covered everything, if I didn't please let me know.

I think that you need to:
1) Have two types of contracts a FT/PT contract and a drop-in contract if you chose to continue to do drop-in.
2) Have a handbook with policies in it. All clients follow the handbook. Even your drop-ins.

For Pink family:
Have them decide whether they want to sign a
PT contract. They must either have a set schedule that doesn't chabge or give you the days that they need at least 2 weeks in advance, the spot is guaranteed, they pay in advance, they pay a flat fee whether they use it or not but can add any extra days for an extra fee if you have the room. Require that extra days be paid for in advance in order to reserve the spot otherwise you will make your own plans if you have to. Days can;t be switched for other days if they don't use them. More than 15 late form their start time and you can assume that they are not coming.

or

Drop-In Contract. They must call you to reserve their days, you don't reserve the spot unless they pay for it in advance, they only pay for the days that they attend, drop-in reservations are first-pay-first-serve, spots are not held unless they are paid for in full, no refunds are given, reservations can be changed once after that payment is lost, their spot is not guaranteed, late arrivals don't allow for late pick ups. No call/no shows or same day cancelations means payment is lost.

For Blue family:
Require their schedule 1-2 weeks in advance, changes to the schedule that they have already given you need 24 hours notice, late arrivals don't allow for late pick-ups, if they are late to drop-off/pick-up you may not be at home and it will be the parent's responsibility to either go to you and drop the child off or to wait until you return, no credit is given for time lost because they are late and you are not home, because she has shown to be unrelieble do not cancel any more appointments or errands for her. If you are runninf errands have her call you when she is ready to drop him off to check where you are and have her drop him off where you are.

For Purple family:
Like the pink family have them decide whether they want to be PT or Drop-in and explain the difference.

Having a policy handbook with the general rules that apply to everyone is helpful because then everyone is on the same page. I have one and add how FT, PT and drop-in works so all of my clients are aware beforehand should they ever need to change their contract. All of my clients have a contract and even though I am open from 7am-6pm those are the hours that I am willing to have children in my care ... that doesn't mean that everyone can bring their kids whenever they want during these hours. Each client has their own "scheduled hours" that they need to stick to or they are charged extra. If they need more time and ask me and if I agree I charge an extra $5 an hour ... if they don't ask me and just arrive earlier or later then scheduled then I charge $5 for every 15 minutes (or part) and this must be paid at once right at that moment otherwise late payment fees are charged.

I can send you a link to my Handbook and contracts if you like, just PM me. It can at least give you ideas on what you can have in yours. I'm reworking mine right now too as I will be handing out new ones December 1st but it still has lots of ideas.