View Single Post
TheGoodLife 09:14 PM 02-26-2013
Originally Posted by blandino:
It boils down to this, if you don't agree with a daycare provider getting paid time off, find one who doesn't take any.

I have 12 families who are happy to give me paid time off since they feel I deserve it, and should be able to take the time off without having to worry about finances. I don't take an excessive amount of time off, and when compared to the average working person, I will still total many many hours more in a year. My parents know how hard I work, and feel that they would rather have a happy, semi-rested provider.

I work at bare minimum 55 hours a week, which is 2860 hours a year. I take 10 paid holidays a year, and 5 paid vacation days. Amounting to a whopping 15 days off per year. Once you subtract those days out, that is 2695 hours a year - which is still 51 hours a week. So 10 hours more a week than most working adults, A FULL EXTRA WORK DAY EACH WEEK. Yes, I am the CEO and yes, I choose to do this for a living. But I would hope you see how much more time I am spending working that the average full-time worker. And how some would argue that we deserve a little time off while being paid.