View Single Post
Blackcat31 09:23 AM 09-10-2013
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
*In general* the cameras are for the director to monitor ADULT activities and are not for parental use. If corporate agrees with your director, then I'd assume they feel confident *legal* rights are on their side and they have the financial ability to back it up.

Each state has a childcare licensing division, some under the dept of education umbrella. I'd recommend checking your states website.

***Be aware, though, that minor injuries are expected in toddler/preschool rooms in LARGE GROUP childcare. You may not get quite the response you are expecting. Copies of those boo-boo reports are already monitored by the state agency as a matter of routine.

If you truly feel your child is not safe there, it is your responsibility to not take him back. If you are instead asking for special care, in a large group setting, your request may be rewarded with a termination of care.

(*I wanted you to have a bit of background, before you proceed... I have been on both sides of this door. )

It is also a potential confidentiality issue to allow parents to view a recording of their child if other children/families are present on the footage.