View Single Post
CityGarden 09:54 PM 12-19-2017
Originally Posted by Michael:
Yes, it will be interesting to hear what Tom says. He understands the childcare field and how tax deductions work in our favor.

Health insurance should be as easy as car insurance. Without the mandate you could choose catastrophic insurance and just pay for regular medicals bills yourself. That is what I have been doing anyways with the high deductible for insurance that I couldn't use. My high cost insurance never paid for anything. Currently in California, it is against the law to buy catastrophic insurance without having standard health insurance.

How about I just choose the insurance that I need. I don't need to pay for mammograms but I'm currently covered for them. As a a matter of fact, I don't go to doctors or take medication. I spend a fortune though on quality foods. I want to spend my money on what I need. I only pay a few thousand dollars on all my cars and I am covered to the max and can include a million dollar umbrella policy for a few extra hundred dollars. That is how health insurance should be.
I have a SA child with allergies and I need full coverage but it should not need to cost me so much money. I can insure a high end car full coverage for less than I can insure my daughter and myself for health care ---- that is a shame. Sadly I make too much to get entitlements and too little to not feel the sting financially.

Well you are right there. California along with states like New York and New Jersey are going to get hit. I believe its political payback to some extent in order to "feel the pain" of liberal policies and government in those states.
Yes I do feel like perhaps we are being punished like naughty children, but I was trying to not be political in my post. Just sharing my concerns on the tax aspect.

Its too expensive. (BernieCare would cost roughly $13.8 trillion over its first decade of operation). If the government could keep the GDP at 4% or higher per year and get the federal deficit to single digits, it could be possible but with pharma and the medical fields charging such high costs, it makes it improbable IMO. I would rather everyone have free preventive care. That would be a medical insurance in itself.
I was not saying BernieCare (and honestly I don't know what that was... ) I am talking way prior to the ACA, prior to the Clinton's attempt at health care.... it just seemed like an initiative the Republicans would have owned in the past. Also "too expensive" is relative.... this tax bill shows the government is okay with the risk of expanding the debt, the amount of defense spending, etc. it is all a matter of priorities.

But I am going to try to remain hopeful...