View Single Post
sahm2three 04:29 PM 09-13-2011
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
Have you tried putting her down for nap earlier? I've had a couple of dcks who wake at the same time every day, regardless of when they were put down.

Have you tried just leaving her? You say she's in a room by herself; could you do something like put on white noise where the other kids are sleeping so they can't hear her, and not going in when she wakes up halfway through nap?

Is she teething? That can cause disrupted sleep/trouble staying asleep/trouble falling asleep.

What about trying white noise in her room?
Every room has white noise. Today was just the day from hell. I have the worst headache. I am getting a cold, and my sinuses hurt. I changed her to a cooler room, and she slept better. Still not as long as the other kids, but longer than 20 or 30 mins. I hate letting babies cry. Hate it. So if I do I usually sit outside their door, which is very little break for me.

@Nanny, thank you. How do you deal with the ones who aren't in playpens? I have a toddler room and they aren't in playpens (or I would have to have a dozen playpens!) So they are all on nap mats. But they are CONSTANTLY up and getting into things, waking eachother up, etc. My assistant and I have been having to take turns sitting in the toddler room so that they stay on their mats, even though MOST of the toddlers have been here for a year or so and know the routine. Throw one new one in the mix and all the rules go out the window!