View Single Post
Crazy8 10:52 AM 12-21-2011
Originally Posted by awestbrook713:
Wow I hope shes been calling them and staying on top of the problem, apparently my county is the county they use as the example for all other counties in the area. This month was the first month I received a payment and it was only a few days after they were supposed to cut the checks but I believe I am going to have trouble with one of my families paying the extra and want to get my ducks all in a row now rather then wait. I just called my licensor and am waiting on a call back so I can update her on a situation I am having and ask a few questions I have.
If you already know parents are responsible for whatever the state doesn't pay then you should be collecting that money IN ADVANCE and DO NOT allow the child to come into care if they aren't paid up. This is why so many providers are owed money!!!! I've never been owed a cent in the 10 years I've been doing daycare - because you pay me on Friday for next week. If you forget you have all weekend and Monday morning to get it to me (w/late fees of course) but if you show up Monday morning with dck but no money you do not get to leave dck here. There is an ATM right down the street - I would put parent and child back in the car and direct them to that bank!!!

Not sure in your area, but I believe in most the state/county will not get involved in what the parent owes YOU, but you can just call them up and let them know you are not accepting child because their fees are not paid it could affect their eligibility and if they find out they are losing their subsidy they will pay up!!

I do not take state paid at all anymore - one bad experience and I was done!!!