View Single Post
JoseyJo 07:05 PM 12-22-2013
Originally Posted by Lucy:
I would not like to receive cash. It would make me uncomfortable. I'd much rather get a nice gift than to get cash. But I'm weird that way. Getting a week's pay of about $150 just seems like entirely tooooo much to me. Just my opinion. A $50 Visa card would be the same. I'd feel like it was too much. Plus, it's just impersonal. I'd rather they pay attention to something I like, and go out and get that (such as the Keurig cups mentioned below - she had to have remembered a conversation we had one time). That would honestly mean more to me. They had to think about it ahead of time, watch and listen for something I would like, and take the time to go and get it.

Nice gifts I've gotten have been:

Large coffee mug with Keurig cups, and a nice plate (to keep) with homemade goodies on it. (She went all out and made some really great quality recipes. There were like 5 different kinds of things on the plate. Yum.)

Gift cards - one to a nice restaurant, and one to a movie theater nearby.

Bottle of champagne with 2 beautiful flutes.

A variety of scrapbook supplies.

I'm sure there's more, but I can't come up with them right now. It's just my opinion, and I tend to have different opinions than others on this forum

I just don't see CASH as giving the message you want it to. And as I said, I'd feel awkward receiving it. I would then always have a feeling of indebtedness. I need therapy.
LOL! One of my dc parents gave us $500 last year!! Gotta love those parents