View Single Post
daycarediva 09:49 AM 12-15-2016
Originally Posted by Play Care:
I agree with this.

My plumber or electrician may not put "vacation time" on the invoice, but then, they charge $100 just to show up, $50-$75 *per hour* for their work, and then cost of the parts. You bet your a$$ I'm paying for their vacations! And health insurance, and retirement, their kids college, etc. etc.etc.

Can you imagine the outrage if Day Care Providers started charging like other businesses?
$75 opening fee, $50 per hour per child fee, $25 per day diapering fee, $60 per day toilet training fee, etc. etc. etc.
Actually, that doesn't sound like a bad idea,

This is the only profession that gets a bad rap for wanting to be paid a living wage.

But this is the last time I'll post here. I'm not interested in debating a private business owner's policies with anonymous internet trolls.
Yes, my dh is giving his guys two weeks PTO for christmas, and a $500 bonus. One of their wives had the audacity to complain about having to pay their provider for that time. I set her straight, fast.

Like I said before, if I raised rates across the board, it would actually cost my parents MORE than paying for my very limited paid days off.

Originally Posted by Second Home:
Actually many places / gyms do , our karate studio takes off 2 weeks per year and closes . I still pay the same monthly fee even though they are closed and we can not attend . But That is what I agreed to when signing the contract.
Yep. Same with karate and hockey here. Two weeks, and we pay monthly regardless. Same situation in reverse for cable, internet, mortgage when you go on vacation.

Again- DON'T SIGN A CONTRACT YOU DON'T AGREE WITH.