View Single Post
Cat Herder 06:29 AM 02-12-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
This daycare I'm complaining about has another policy: Once per year you are allowed to take your child on vacation and NOT pay for that week at all.

their vacation policy "punishes" families with less money and less ability to take vacation!
Personally, I don't close for weather so I have no interest in that debate. I also don't charge for closings other than Federal Holidays with 12 month notice given. (all in the contract )

Your views on Unpaid Vacation Time interest me greatly, though.

I offer two weeks per family, per year. I don't view it as a punishment for those who can't. I view it as an incentive for those who wouldn't otherwise.

I can't tell you how many times in the last 20 years parents have taken vacations and still had their kids in daycare, full time.

My goal with this incentive is for the kids to spent as much time with their parents as possible while they are small. This incentive works in the kids best interest, not the parents.

The parents are not my concern. Their life choices are their own. I don't mean that in an ugly way, I mean it literally. I gladly give up pay to see parents take their kids on vacation/stay-cations with them. Most use one week at Christmas and one in the summer since I added it to my contract..