View Single Post
Blackcat31 07:28 AM 11-04-2010
Childcare Tidbits

I really do know your children.
*I can tell when they are sick or not feeling well.
*I can tell when they go to bed early or were up late.
*I can tell if they’ve had Tylenol or Motrin before they’ve arrived.
*I can tell if your child has not been bathed…in awhile
Your child talks to me during the day.
They tell me where they have gone and where they are going to go.
They tell me how they are disciplined (or not).
They tell me EVERYTHING that is said at home……(and I do mean everything!)
They repeat the things you say about others.
Your child’s behavior is NOT a reflection of your parenting skills….…how you handle the misbehavior is.

Teach your child to be responsible for their actions, not make excuses.
Teach your child to be truthful.
Teach your child to be respectful of others. (the person, their belongings, their feelings etc)
I expect your child to act their age……you should too.
I can tell if you are enforcing or following up on notes and letters home, curriculum etc.

Taking care of your child during business hours is my job………
*I expect a paycheck at the end of the week.
Please don’t ask for discounts unless you are okay with “discounted” care. (I do not provide half-meals, half-naps or half-diaper changes)
If you expect me to bend the rules or do more than my policies outline, I will expect extra pay as well.
Your child comes in contact with more contagious germs at Wal-mart than they do at daycare.
Teaching your child to use the toilet is YOUR responsibility, I will assist you in your efforts, but you must begin, continue and complete the process.
I am not a teenager; I have a formal education and am more than a nanny.
When your child is sick, keep them home. It is tough caring for a sick child and bringing them to daycare just spreads the illness as well as adding a ton more work for me on top of the 10 other healthy children I am caring for already.
Be respectful when dropping off or picking up. Kids are rowdier and more mischievous when parents are present. Getting kids in and out the door in a timely manner reduces havoc for me.
It is nice that you want to share your home life with me, but the truth is I don’t really need to know the really intimate details.
If every parent was 5 minutes late for pick up, I would have to stay more than an hour longer than expected.
You are not my only client; I am juggling more than 14 other people’s schedules for drop off, pick up, payments etc.
I will love your child as my own…please help me in helping you…we are in this together!!