Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
Josiegirl 03:31 AM 02-19-2021
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Child is 2 years old as of a month ago.

Child came to me in July 2020 from another provider. Mom has been trying to potty train since before she came to me. Every time the child hears the word potty, she screams.

I've tried to tell mom that she may not be ready and that this is causing stress to the child and the other children (child tends to begin screaming and doesn't stop) I feel like mom is blaming me for not having the child trained.
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
We have received a lot of snow in the past month. My handbook clearly states that when a state of emergency of any kind is declared, I will not open for the safety of all families and my own.

One family is determined to bring their children regardless. Mom yelled and cursed at me and told me my handbook didn't mean anything and that I should be open. Im convinced that some parents feel that unless my home burns to the ground, I should provide them with care. Its incredibly frustrating and upsetting.
Are you the same person for both of these rants? I'd simply point the dcparent to what your handbook says and it's there for a reason, end of discussion. If that doesn't stop them, ask them if this means they're giving their 2 week notice.

I always wanted to have BlackCat's backbone and never achieved it but I did get a little better as the years went on. Take back your business because there are enough dcfs out there who will appreciate and respect that. And who needs the added stress of dealing with parents issues??