View Single Post
Lawson2 09:00 AM 09-11-2013
I have been taking care of two boys who both have constipation problems. A couple of weeks back (this was my second to last week with them), the 6 year old started throwing up bile due to constipation.

On my last week, he hadn't gone to the bathroom in two weeks! The mom loaded him up on laxatives and tells me to put him in a pull up for the day. She told me to also take wipes to clean him, as he was having leakage issues.... Now, this 6 year old also soaks his pull up every night and doesn't mind if he plays in it all morning- the mom doesn't mind either (I nannied for the family, but quit to start my own daycare). I think the night time wetting is strongly tied to his constipation.

As many of you have been saying, his diet is atrocious. The boys do not eat any vegetables, fruit, or whole foods. They drink apple juice by the gallon and no water. The 9 year old has had so many cavities and an abscess tooth already.

On thanksgiving, the 9 year old told me he sat down with a cookie and apple juice for dinner! I have made a few comments about their eating habits to the mom (very nicely, not accusing), but she told the kids it's not any of my business what they eat, they eat just fine (they put tons of salt on already salty fast food, the boys eat the 20 piece chicken nugget for example, they literally don't eat anything but processed food).

I don't understand as a mother, why you would want to see your child suffer!? From the oldest boy with his teeth problems. To the youngest, with severe constipation and bed wetting problems....

Also- I nanny in an area where most people eat very healthy and don't want you feeding any junk to their kids (which is a whole other topic, as I feel moderation is key).

The parents are two highly educated lawyers and here the mom is saying, "I just don't know what I can feed him to help him go to the bathroom more"..... I just have to keep telling myself they're not my kids.....