View Single Post
Unregistered 08:00 AM 07-24-2008
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I was under the understanding that this forum was for parents and guardians. This was our opportunity to talk with other parents and ask questions. I am noticing a trend of providers jumping in and yelling at people for not agreeing. Especially where the old dollar is involved. Just because one lady does not agree with paying for vacations does not mean that she is talking your customers out of paying for your time off. She is simply stating that she does not agree. You are pretty much telling her to shut up and that she is not allowed to come in here and have an opinion. When an opinion is asked do not be alarmed or testy if some do not have the same opinions as you do. Providers, please allow the parents to answer the questions without reprocussion!
I don't think that we are jumping in and yelling at people at all. I think that we are offering up insight as to the reasons we make the policies that we do. I think that alot of parents do not understand that this is our profession just like you chose your job, however it is not just about the money, if we didn't love what we do we wouldn't be doing it. And what makes me mad as a professional daycare provider is that parents don't read the contracts or listen what us daycare providers require from you parents for your children to attend our centers and when its time to pay up, we get challanged on our policies. There are alot of parents out there that want top quality care but don't want to pay for it. Us providers put ourselves and our families out there for you guys each day, all that it takes is one child to accuse us of abuse or neglect and we and our families pay. I'm not saying that you are one of these parents but I've been in the biz for 15 years and i can count on one hand as to the number of parents that are grateful that they have found a provider that they love! So, yes you are entitled to your opinion, so are we. And if we can offer the advice to help the parents out there to make a wise and informed choice as to where best place their child then maybe we can elimnate some of the ungratefulness.