View Single Post
Daycare_Mama 08:36 AM 12-14-2010
Personally, if I really needed the $$$, I would consider offering a lower rate, but only because of those hours. My daycare day is 10 hours, so if I needed it and I had a family that would only be 8.25 like you said, I would offer the lower rate for those specific hours. I wouldn't make them bring their own snacks/lunches though. Diapers, yes. But not food.

If I was a parent looking for daycare and I found one I liked but couldn't afford..and then they offered me a lower rate if I brought my kids their own snacks/lunches, I would still pass. It's hard enough getting out of the house with 2 little kids in the morning, but having to buy food for lunches/snacks and make sure I had them packed each day would honestly be more of a hassle to me and not that big of a financial savings.

For instance, if you normally charged me $160 for one kid and the younger one was $150 and you were willing to discount that 2nd kid 30% down to $100, but I had to pack lunches/snacks. I would probably just keep looking for a daycare that would charge me $150 for the first, $140 for the second, and included meals.

Plus, I just think all daycare kids should eat the same meals/snacks. It's too hard to deal with the complaining because "he/she has that and I don't" stuff.