View Single Post
Pestle 06:12 AM 05-22-2018
How does it happen? My ADHD spouse goes on autopilot and takes the wrong route quite often. He also forgets part of the schedule when there are multiple steps to it, so people don't get dropped off or picked up.

When he's driving, I'll say "Where are you going?" and he'll snap back into it, realize he's headed to a different part of town, and turn around. When DD was in school, I insisted he call me each morning from the school parking lot. There were times he forgot to call, and I'd call him and yell at him until he went out to the office parking lot and looking inside the car. There were a couple of times I couldn't get ahold of him right away and was in the process of reaching out to his coworkers when he called me back. I taught DD as soon as possible to yell "Stop!" if anybody was leaving her in a car, and to never, never stay in a car by herself, even if Mommy or Daddy left her there.

I am so, so glad DD is in a booster seat and gets herself into and out of the car now. Come to think of it, today I'll have her practice climbing over the seats and unlocking the doors from the front control.