View Single Post
Annalee 05:01 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Nothing has changed for us.

I have been open, every one autopay's, everyone comes. I closed today, but they have all known about this planned closure for 24 months, now.

The risk of the state forcing me to close seems to be over. They have asked me to take in more kids but I promised my clients I would not. All of them have been here since their first were newborns. All are 18 months and up, now. All are open to close with few absences, so are more like siblings at this point, anyway.

All of my clients (4 families/sibling groups) are working from home now, but all intend to be here every day. They all feel their kids are safer here with us (DH and I) with our medical training and supplies. It is so different than I expected it to go. I am well prepared to shelter in place with all 6 kids for up to 3 weeks if needed. All the grocery stores have stayed open so far and the local farms are taking appointments, so I don't see us hitting true hardship. I will need my spring break vacation, though. I guess I will have to make it a staycation, now, though.
I'm expecting our governor to impose "shelter in place" order any time. Maybe I'm wrong but we are having more persons to test positive rapidly increasing??? Maybe I'm wrong but