View Single Post
karen 11:33 AM 03-01-2012
KcnJason, Sorry I do not have a facebook page but will be happy to share my themes with you. I personally love teaching the kids as it is the greatest reward....When a mom comes in crying because at the age of 3 and a half her son was able to take a book home off of my shelf and read it to his family yep that's a feel good moment, When Kindergarten teachers thank me for making sure the children I have sent them are in the advanced group another feel good moment, When one of my 3 year olds can tell me what month I am going to put up today another feel good moment so many feel good moments. My children love every thing I do with them every art project every flashcard and yep every ditto sheet. They do 1 a day. They are never forced or made to do any of these activities but somehow the children can't wait to be a part of my planned activities. They love doing their jobs such as paper passer, marker passer spoon passer and so on they look forward to having responsibilities.
I have been theme teahing for years it is what I am used to and what I will always do. It works best for me. My son speaks for me he is in a liberal arts college on an academic scholarship he has two majors right now Math and Economics So I will stick to what I know works.
My themes have come from the numerous preschool curriculum books I have so they have been a big help.
January themes:
Winter-I do two weeks of winter
Arctic Animals
Nursery Rhymes
Winter Sports
February Themes
Valentines Day
Dinosaurs
Reptiles
Pets
March Themes
St. Patricks Day
Space
Spring-2 weeks
Easter
April Themes-
Birds
Insects
5 Senses
In the Garden
Mothers Day
May Themes
Butterflies
At the zoo
Summer-2 weeks
June Themes:
Fathers Day
Ocean Animals
July 4th
Picnics
July Themes:
Camping
Construction Workers/Vehicles
Teddy Bears
Beach
August Themes:
Balloons
Pizza-This is fun we make different types of pizza every day of the week for this one.
Circus
Back to school
September Themes
Apples
Trees
All about me
Friends
where I live
Fall-2 weeks
October
Fire Safety
Halloween
On the farm
Dr. Seuss
Turkeys/Thanksgiving
November Themes:
Community Helpers
Transportation
Eric Carle
Christmas-2 weeks
December
Make presents for parents- sometimes 2 weeks depending on what presents I have planned for my parents.
Santa

If you would like to know what books I have I will be happy to share that list as well.