View Single Post
MarinaVanessa 03:54 PM 07-10-2014
I don't specifically do organic but I do cook and serve "real" food. As in I use a lot of natural and fresh ingredients. I make my own baby food and honestly it's not that hard. I just made a few batches of apple/strawberry, banana/raspberry/apple, sweet potato/peas, and plain apple.

All I do is boil/steam the fresh ingredients and puree them in the blender. Then I have a few trays (like ice cube trays but for baby food, they have lids) that I pour the purees in and once they're frozen I pop them out and bag them in Zip lock bags. For me it only requires normal pots, a steamer, freezer trays (given to me) and zip lock bags.

I even go as far as to make my own travel food pouches. The "press" cost me $17 and I just buy extra bags. When the puree is done I fill about 2 dozen or so bags for walks and outings. I don't think it's THAT time consuming and better then pre-made baby food (preservatives). The only difference is that your clients want organic, mine are happy with just home-made so you'll be spending a little more than I do.