View Single Post
Country Kids 09:44 AM 10-25-2012
Originally Posted by Willow:
It all boils down to vested interest. A person wanting to capture something that happens between them and another party.

I can record a conversation between you and I.....but not between you and daycare. If Blackcat chimes in in the background it wouldn't somehow all of a sudden make what I was doing illegal. If my intent was purely to spy on conversations between you and daycare, or you and Blackcat....that would be different.

I am not sure how things would play out with the information gathered between the provider and other children.....perhaps information like that wouldn't be admissible? All I know is if that's what these parents are doing it is likely completely legal (again depending on individual state laws, on a federal level there's nothing wrong with it).

I don't see how you would be in any hot water if someone else was recording you and a third party wasn't happy about it. There's nothing you or they could do about it.
They wouldn't be recording just me, they would be recording the childcare.

I guess it would be like a child that has a cell phone that takes pictures. I have parents that absolutely don't want their child photographed. If a child is taking pictures with their cell phone and I don't know it (they can be sneaky) and then somehow those pictures get in a facebook or whatever and the parents find out that it was taken at childcare-that could cost me a client.

Same with a parent recording the childcare without permission (we have to have permission forms for photo/videos). There is no agreement for that so I could again lose a client because of something that was done with out their permission.