View Single Post
Crazy8 06:49 AM 05-02-2016
Sorry you were screwed but I think you should remain professional and uphold your end of the contract.

You have no contract for the baby at all so that is out of the equation. Lesson for future, never hold a spot without a non-refundable deposit!

For the dcb, did you already approve the drop to 2 days per week?? Do you have paperwork for that (I have what I call a "temporary change form" that parents complete when dropping to part time for maternity leave, summer schedules, etc.).
If you did not approve the 2 day a week schedule I would either term based on that or let them know that you need to replace him with a full time client and will only accomodate the schedule change until you fill the spot. If you have a deposit for that child apply it ONLY to his last week of care - their choice how many days they want to send him that week but do not let them drag the deposit out to cover multiple weeks (I had to add that to my contract once when a parent wanted to do that!).

Good luck but please try to remain professional through this even though you are hurt and feel taken advantage of. One thing we need to learn is that parents will ALWAYS do what is best for them and we have to take the emotion out of it.