View Single Post
justgettingstarted 12:26 PM 07-27-2012
Thanks everyone. This is my second pregnancy but first with the daycare. DH definitely doesn't have to come to each appointment but the first and the 20 or so week appointments I do want him to come. I think I will just close for those as you all suggested and have DH stay with the kids for the others. My mom plans to help once the baby comes but she still lives in another state right now. I would happily take an 8 a.m. or 5 or 6 p.m. appointment buy they are so unreasonable. Their earliest is 9 and the latest is 3:30 and the appointment takes at least 2 hours plus a 30 minute drive, might as well close for the whole day with those choices!

Kaiser is an insurance company that does everything - all doctors, pharmacies, labs, everything in one place with one set of rules. Its one of the major insurance companies in the western states and supposedly all medicine will be setup this way in the future. There are some major advantages though because billing is no problem, we had blue cross or shield several years ago. DH went to the ER with kidney stones and we were getting bills from individual lab techs and doctors for months, it was a total nightmare.