View Single Post
childcarebytori 05:32 PM 09-09-2011
I've only had one serious accident happen to a child while in my care and I do not EVER want it to happen again.

We had just gone outside for outdoor play and my very new DCG, age 2, tripped over her foot and cracked her head on one of my bricks that line my walkway.I had to calm DCG down, bring in and set up my two infants into exersaucers, bring in and sit everyone else in front of a movie and I immediately called Mom and told her she needed to pick up DCG and take her to the ER. I parted DCG's hair to get a better look at the gash and put them into very loose ponytails to get them out of the way. Another dcg, also age 2 who gets sick off the sight of blood, of course, saw the blood coming from DCG's head freaked out, projecting vomit all over the place.

When mom picked up DCG 15 minutes later, DCG was sitting calmly in front of the movie and I was cleaning up vomit, holding a baby who was screaming for a bottle and searching for an extra outfit for Vomit Girl who had now peed her pants because she was so upset.

Insanity!

DCG needed 8 stitches and she was perfectly happy when she came to daycare the next day. Three of my kids, including me, were scarred and we didn't go outside for the next two weeks.