View Single Post
Sunchimes 11:45 AM 09-27-2012
I did a bad thing and laughed at a 2 year old who was being bad. But honestly, I couldn't help it. She was suppose to be on her mat going to sleep, but she was stalling. I was in the rocking chair with the baby. She said, "M, sit with me." I said I couldn't. Little louder, "M, sit here," patting the floor. Then, she stood up and in a very firm voice (and holding up the appropriate fingers), "1-2-3, sit your bottom on the floor." I almost fell out of the chair and had a huge coughing fit trying not to laugh, but it didn't work. I use 1-2-3 as a last effort when I'm busy with the baby and can't get there to stop or re-direct her. Her mom uses 3-2-1. It's about 98% successful. When she was small and climbing in chairs (thank goodness that stage is over!), I would tell her to put her bottom on the chair. I haven't used that in a long time, but she may hear it at home. A little later I got in the floor to change the baby's diaper, and she started "crying", you know the one I mean--loud cries full of heartbreak but no tears. She got up on her knees and stretched her arms out and in a pitiful voice said, "You making me cry" and crawled in my lap. So, I rocked her for a few minutes and she went to sleep.

Then I went and had a chocolate doughnut to reward myself for being such a mean, mean person.