View Single Post
earlystart 10:37 AM 01-14-2015
When I worked at a center I had a two year old trip and fall on a concrete curb outside and cut his forehead open (I could see bone, very traumatizing for me actually). Strangely it didn't bleed very much, and I went with him in his dad's car to the emergency room to get stitches. Luckily his parents were very understanding and realized it wasn't my fault (the fact that the school has a cement curb going around the whole playground is another story, and makes me cringe now that I know what can happen). Licensing came by and asked my account of what happened, and nobody got in trouble or anything. At my home daycare the worst that has happened was a girl slipping on a book that was on the floor while she was running, and she cut the bottom of her chin on a tabletop (had rounded corners but just the force of her bony chin hitting it gave her a little gash). Parents were understanding, and didn't hold anything against me. Actually another time my own son threw a train at another boy and gave him a tiny cut on his forehead, but it ended up leaving a tiny scar/indentation, which I would have been pissed about but his mom never mentioned anything. Maybe I just have really chill parents!