View Single Post
DreamBig 04:47 PM 11-15-2010
I'll start off by saying that I'm sorry your child received such an injury but I'm even more sorry that no one in the center could give you any answers about what happened.

I'm not exactly sure how these types of issues are generally dealt with in the United States (I'm from Ontario, Canada), but I know that here minor incidents need to be addressed and a report written about the incident, the treatment given, etc. and this document needs to be signed by the parents.
For major incidents, including broken bones, the incident needs to also be reported to the ministry of children and youth services or the ministry of health (I don't remember which one - I've never had to report an incident of that nature).

At the very least the child should have been given an ice pack to reduce the swelling and you should have been notified immediately that it happened.

I think you need to speak to the director and your child's teacher and definitely consider pulling your child out of their care. A child's safety should be the number one concern of any day care.

Good Luck, I hope your child gets better soon.