Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
Cat Herder 08:02 AM 09-23-2019
Originally Posted by 1madmouse:
I came here to see what I could do about the daycare behind me being so noisy. They just recently opened, so this noise is new to us as it has been quiet since we bought 4 years ago. After reading how you all have to deal with the parents and their lack of care about you and what you go through, I just want to cry. I really don't know how you people can torture yourselves like this. You have to really love children or be a bit crazy, maybe both.

I have decided I will find another way to deal with the 8 hours a day racket this place produces. You all have enough to deal with. Good Luck.
My ex and I ran a daycare out of our home many years ago and I think our biggest problem was getting parents to pick up the kids on time, even when we fined them extra.
Leyland Cyprus trees https://www.fast-growing-trees.com/p...leylandcypress and Privet bushes https://www.fast-growing-trees.com/products/privet offer a nice noise buffer. It also cuts the view down. I planted a thick hedge of them (from that particular supplier, was very happy with them ) for my neighbors when I opened. I work hard to keep the kid noise down. I also take them all fresh veggies from the garden and treats (I like to bake) regularly to keep the discussion open.

My least favorite neighbors still like to set trash fires right on the property line to force us back inside. They have pigs, barking dogs and roosters/chickens, but are offended by infants and toddlers laughter. In return, I host extrication class for the local fire department whenever I can, to return the favor.

The other neighbors find it hilarious. My other neighbor's antics are much more creative than mine since the difficult neighbors have picked a battle with each and every house on the cul-de-sac. Don't ask me why. I have not a clue. Most of us were here first.

My bet is your neighbors would be pretty open to any discussion that is sent in a friendly manner. They may not even realize how the sound carries, yet.