Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
Country Kids 07:19 AM 04-02-2012
Originally Posted by hoopinglady:
Finally grew my backbone to implement a very small pay increase (which still puts me well within a very reasonable/low rate). I pushed my hours up to close at 430 since I knew all of my current parents are available to pick up by 4.

I offered a higher rate for extended hours should they choose to do that but I made it fairly steep.

Zero cooperation. I agonized over this for many months and did what I thought was the fairest possible thing. I'd wanted to increase the rate much more but thought a smaller increase would be more fair.

I was met with rudeness and zero cooperation. ONe family quit after 3 years of service but told me it had nothing to do with the new contract.

I'd seen the pissed off dcm speaking in the road with the one who later that day, quit for 30 minutes before day care.

I'm devestated and very stressed.

I hope the best will come of this and bring me some appreciative families but oh man, this is rough.

It must be me. I refuse to believe people are that nasty and petty.
I'm been thinking about you lately and glad to see you posting even though its a vent-.

Did you lose two familys or just 1? I'm so sorry this is happening. That is what always worries me about raising rates. I was actually thinking of doing a straight across the board rate but not sure how my parents would react. Thats the thing about childcare they can leave in a minute!