View Single Post
Blackcat31 07:08 AM 10-07-2013
Originally Posted by momofboys:
I would give YOUR notice - sorry but I don't want to work with parents that don't want ME.
I agree that you can definitely give your notice now...why do anymore "favors" for some one who doesn't really want to be there....

On the flip side, have you thought about maybe another face-to-face conversation with this family? Maybe explain how you have their child's best interests at heart and you NEVER said anything was wrong...just that you are concerned about you KNOW to be true...ie needing hearing aides etc..

I understand that her (DCM's) feelings are hurt but in all honesty, she can't get "offended" and hurt every time someone tries to do what's best for her child.... she'll need to get over that or she will do her child no good in years to come.

If sitting down with her is not something you really want to do, perhaps writing an e-mail explaining your thoughts/feelings about the situation may help.

Sounds like the DCM is emotional right now about this and maybe once she calms down and starts hearing what you said verses how it makes her feel, she maybe more open to actually listening.

Good luck and keep us posted as to what happens.