View Single Post
Bizzymom1111 08:39 PM 11-26-2010
I have a new mom who enrolled her 6 week old on 10-24-2010. She signed my contract which defines what hours she is reserving, and how much it will be weekly. She put her start date for 11-2-10. On 10-31-10, she called to say she would not be starting him until 12-1-10. She paid me the initial enrollment fee(25$) but then said she would bring over the deposit( which I use towards the last week of care) and I said that was fine and that the spot would be held. Well now I get another call and she doesn't think he'll be starting till January! I usually charge $75/ month to hold a spot(3 month limit) but I'm not sure what to charge her for December, because she did sign the contract, and technically she should be paying me weekly. I was really counting on that income, and I don't know if I should just charge her the $75 to hold it, or if I should require her to pay me weekly, for December.I usually charge the $75 to people who want to hold the spot but haven't signed the contract yet- maybe because they are not sure of what hours they need to reserve- but have gotten all the other paperwork ba k. This mom has a signed contract and her child was already supposed to have started, so I guess I just don't know what I should charge her. Like I said, I wasreally counting on that income, and have turned away someone with a baby who wanted to start right away.
Anyways, any ideas are so very welcome! Thanks in advance!