View Single Post
Blackcat31 08:38 AM 01-12-2018
Originally Posted by mommyneedsadayoff:
This is what I thought as well. But the mental health and well being of the provider is rarely considered. And after he/she snaps, the entire community of providers are condemned as monsters and untrustworthy. I wish some of these higher ups would have to sit in a room with a screaming child who cannot be consoled for 8-10 hours a day for a week or three and see how their mental health stacks up at the end. Everyone has their breaking point and that point should not be decided by the state.
This is important to consider.

I have been a member of forum boards now for almost a decade and I cringe every time I see a provider post something about a non-stop screaming baby or child that requires 95% of their attention due to unwanted behaviors and ANY time someone suggest terming the provider either doesn't want to lose the income or they don't want to be viewed as a failure.

That cycle (fear of income lose/ being labeled a failure etc) needs to be addressed for the mental health and well being of the provider.

Which in turns benefits the children in care..... why is that so easy to understand but so hard for any state/licensing agency etc to recognize, understand and change?

The issue for child care IMHO, lies in the well being of the provider. Providers are the foundation in early childhood education nowadays but yet the least amount of time, attention, consideration AND PAY is provided to THE most important part of the entire equation.

That is nothing more than a complete failure.