View Single Post
daycarediva 09:28 AM 02-01-2016
Large/chain center staff is hit or miss. It is the con of a center. A small center or home daycare would have none or next to no turnover. Many parents go through with the inconveniences of home care for a single provider that can offer that consistency. Your child will NOT bond to one provider if he is only attending minimal days and the staff rotation is that high. He most likely will regress in speech.

With my new talkers, I can hear the words they are attempting to say because I have gotten to know them so well. I can then pronounce things clearly for them, or expand upon their speech. My husband cannot understand one dck at ALL. Neither can any of the other parents. I can, and his Mom and I say we speak fluent 'hisname'. We are always repeating his words back to him and having him say things to encourage proper speech patterns.

Do you need daycare? What about speech therapy?

Here is what I would do. If I didn't need childcare I would pull him out. I would start the ball rolling on speech therapy (just a delay may be a more serious issue, it's better to spend a few months in ST now vs years later). I would take him to library story hour, enroll him/you in a mommy and me class, set up play dates with friends, etc. 2-3 days a week, would be EXACTLY the kind of language exposure he needs. You would be with him, so he would feel comfortable enough to make attempts.