View Single Post
jenn 01:43 PM 05-10-2013
Originally Posted by tjones34:
I would like to post an email that was sent to my by a parent that I had an interview with about 2 weeks ago and tell me what you guys think and how you would respond to this.....

Hi Tonya,

Sorry for the delay in sending you these questions or concerns regarding your contract. We have to see one more provider early next week. My husband and I will be making our final decision on which childcare provider to watch our two sons most likely by the end of next week, around May 18.
"I understand you wanting to make an informed decision. Please understand that my positions are first come, first serve. If someone fills these positions prior to the 18th, I will not be able to accept your children."

First and foremost is it possible to get the names of everyone who resides in your home. We would like to do customary background checks for safety reasons. "All background checks are done through licensing, feel free to contact them if you have any concerns." (Assuming your state does this)

As I mentioned to you before, I only work 25 hrs a week, Tuesday through Friday. As a part time employee I am not entitled to paid sick days, personal days, holidays etc. Therefore I am not in the financial position to pay for all the paid "off" days you specify in your contract. "This is a non negotiable part of my contract. I charge every client the same and it would not be acceptable to change the rules for you."

As I explained before with my current provider, my mother or I watch watch the kids every other Monday that my mother is off. So if you choose to be our provider you'd watch the kids Monday through Friday one week, Tuesday through Friday the next week, then Monday through Friday, then Tuesday through Friday, etc. Therefore the pay would reflect that. You also mentioned that you could give a 15% sibling discount on our 6 yr old's rate."Your contract can be written to accomodate this schedule."

I will be listing page#'s from this point on from your contract...

On pg 4... We'd be dropping the kids off about 7:45am in the morning to 6:30 pm in evening (as mentioned in our interview). Do these hours fit into your normal hours?

On pg 6... If a federal holiday falls on the every other Monday that my mom watches the kids, I don't expect to pay for that day.I only charge kids for days that they are scheduled to be here. Example: I have one that never attends on Thursday or Friday. Therefore on Thanksgiving and Black Friday, they do not pay. Depends on what you feel comfortable with.

On pg 7... I can't pay for 2 weeks vacation time and 5 personal days off, especially since I will have to take a day off (unpaid) or pay someone else to care for my children. My other concern that is that during the school year, I have to pay someone else to pick my older son up and he will not be there a full day. I don't think I should pay a full day's rate when my older son is attending school since he will only be at your childcare 3 hrs or less. "This is a non negotiable part of my contract. I charge every client the same and it would not be acceptable to change the rules for you."

So aside from those points I agree with the majority of your contract. I hope we can come to some reasonable agreements regarding these details.

Thanking you in advance,
Overall, this does not sound like a great fit, but I have found that some people will try to push the rules and once they know you stand firm, they go with it.