View Single Post
SilverSabre25 10:03 AM 08-02-2013
For the first time ever, I closed due to my own illness. I've worked through some doozies, but this strep throat is kicking my butt big time. I'm on the mend, but yesterday I was so miserable I had to have my mom come take over for me for the afternoon until my DH could get home. By 2:30 PM yesterday I had decided to close today, and fortunately my sister was able to take my kids so I'm alone all day. What a weird feeling! But it's so nice to actually rest when I'm sick!

My symptoms match strep perfectly, but DH is switching jobs and our sucky insurance ended on July 31st *I think*. But even if it didn't, they only cover $75 of an appointment...which means that it is very expensive to go to the doctor. It's so ironic that as I was starting to get sick Weds night I was telling the kids, "No one is allowed to get sick or seriously injured until September!" then I end up being the sick one! And of course, DH started a new job Monday and can't miss any of the training.

But, I'm confident that DS had this earlier in the week and while he's 2 and didn't act very sick, he was better within 2 or 2.5 days, so there's hope for me, that this won't be a very bad case...