View Single Post
finsup 12:24 PM 07-06-2015
OK ladies, you all deal with lots of potty training...HELP!!!
My son will be 4 on Friday. I have tried since he was 3 to potty train him and nothing works. No bribe, reward, punishment, nothing. Sometimes he'll do good going in and trying and go successfully for a few days, then he decides no more and throws a huge tantrum over even just sitting on it. He will not tell me if he has to go...be knows when he is going, or when he is wet etc but has never said beforehand he is needs to go. He's very advanced verbally, pretty much right on track in all other areas, I absolutely discipline him with consistency and he has a pretty regular routine. No major changes to his life. Last one was when his sister was born 14m ago. I am pregnant with number 3 but I'm not sure if that is playing into anything now. Any suggestions?? I feel like I'm failing here and I know he CAN do it but it's like banging my head against a wall every day lately. I have tried taking "breaks" but really, how many more "breaks" are needed?! Starting to doubt if backing off when he throws a fit was even the best idea in the first place. Never works in any other situation but in terms of potty training it was what everyone suggested at first :/