View Single Post
daycarediva 10:15 AM 08-09-2018
dadbod (cracking up at that username, BTW) I hope you stay on! We need more parents here! Also, glad you broached your concerns with your provider and I hope she was receptive. I don't think you came across sexist, just concerned as that was not what you expected when enrolling.

Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Dave, you're a terrible person. I'm holding back, so this doesn't get deleted.

The real sexism women face isn't funny. You don't have to tell people what you do for a living. You made a choice to do this job. We didn't choose to be born women. You don't know what it's like to be afraid when you go somewhere alone or new.

It must be nice to be in a field that is predominantly the opposite sex and be welcomed so warmly here. Every flaw is sexism. Must be nice...
To be fair, you should log in.....

I am a woman. I've worked in both female dominated fields and male dominated fields. As a young, attractive 20 something, I NEVER experience sexism. In fact, it was the opposite. BECAUSE I was a woman in a male dominated field, I was offered more jobs and more opportunities than my male colleagues.

The difference between the 'wage gap' has more to do with chosen field than it does with gender. Dave is making what other women in his field make, and he IS dealing with people who are still against men in childcare. He regularly uses his good humor to make light of the situation.

I think you need to take a self defense course, carry some pepper spray and stop reading the news. Media tends to hype up the unsafe situations in our country (assuming you are in the US and not living in detroit) you're probably safe to go places alone and should not feel unsafe. Maybe because I don't buy into the hype, but I've NEVER felt unsafe because I was a woman. I used to work nights in a very ghetto/unsafe area. Was shown nothing but respect by the men.

Now, OTHER WOMEN, that's a pandora's box I'm not touching.