View Single Post
mommyneedsadayoff 08:49 AM 11-21-2018
With my first daycare, I had mostly kids that lived on the same street as me. One of them lived two houses down and I only watched their child 2 days a week. She would consistently show up 15 minutes before she was scheduled to arrive. I was really addicted to a coffee place up the street, so I went to go get coffee each morning and I would come back home at 6:30 a.m. to find her knocking on my door. She wasn't scheduled to arrive until 6:45, but seem to have no issue knocking on the door, waking up my child because we have dogs who bark, and scaring the crap out of my husband who would just be stepping out of the shower. I would frantically apologize to her for not being home, even though she was early. I also only charged them for the two days, so $40, and they never paid me on time. I always had to text and ask for my paycheck, which made me feel like I was poor, since it was only $40. But at that point, $40 was a big deal to me. She would come home, wave at us playing the front yard, and then go into her house and not pick up till after 5pm. I let that go on for way too long.

I kind of got my "revenge" so to speak. Her older son was riding his bike on the sidewalk and let it drop against my car, putting the handlebar right through my tail light. I told them about it and they said to let them know what it cost to fix it. Well, about a few days later, I was driving down the street and a guy backed out of his driveway hitting the same side of the car and scratching it all the way down the back. His insurance paid to fix the car and they actually fixed the tail light as well. So it cost me nothing, but I told her that it would be $150 to fix it. It took a little bit of time to get that money, but they did end up paying it to me. I stopped watching their kid after that. LOL