View Single Post
amberrose3dg 04:11 PM 01-31-2019
Originally Posted by LysesKids:
I actually had a policy about parents respecting the 10mph in my neighborhood (with speed bumps no less); i explained that because of one father who constantly sped thru here in 2015 had almost hit my elderly neighbor because he ran one of only 4 stop signs in the whole place & management of the mobile home community caught it on camera.

I got an earful from them threatening to shut me down if parents didn't respect park rules (private property - they had the right). 1st time was a warning, 2nd time immediate termination... last year,before I closed, was the only time I hadn't termed at least one family for ignoring the fact kids played in streets & that the speed limit was enforced - the one guy actually got ticked by Alcoa police his last day here - speeding thru the park.

The management here doesn't play games when it comes to safety. Police drive-thru weekly
Oh yeah we have 3 police officers that live in our development! No matter how many times. I ended up terminating people that I caught speeding. Not worth the headache.