View Single Post
Baby Beluga 09:05 AM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
The lack of certain things in other areas has me more freaked out than anything as my community hasn't really had a major issue with not being able to buy items but that means people are traveling from ALL over to come here to buy things they can't get at "home".

I get it, but it makes me scared that they are bringing germs etc from elsewhere and it makes the people in my own community to want to stock up on things when we don't yet know if it's necessary. kwim?

I stood in line yesterday at my local grocery store next to a man from Ohio. He said he traveled up here to buy things for several of his neighbors back home. He literally had 2 full carts of basics. My thoughts are so conflicted on that.
I absolutely agree. I read on FB that one person's spouse went to 5 different stores looking for yeast. I understand the need for yeast, BUT one person going to 5 different stores is a lot of exposure. The person traveling. The family that person is going home to. The employees at the stores and whoever they are returning home to as well as the patrons in the stores and the people in their household.