View Single Post
melskids 04:49 AM 12-23-2011
Crystal, you always have such great ideas! I wish you would write a book!

I just wanted to add, that at their age, eating, napping, diapering, and dressing ARE their curriculum. I spend alot of time allowing them to explore these things on their own, (such as self feeding, even helping to prepare food and set a place at the table, dressing and undressing themselves, etc.)

I also expose them to most of all the same art experiences as the older kids, just with much closer supervsion...paint, playdough, sensory, etc.

Here is a pic of one of my little guys in a tub of water beads. They are the coolest things!!! (and of course, I stayed RIGHT with him and NEVER took my eyes off of him!)

024.JPG

I also have The Creative Curriculum books. They have one for infants and toddlers, and one for preschool. I have found them to be very helpful when I was first starting out.

http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Curri...4644448&sr=8-1

One other thing my little ones love to do is stick stuff on contact paper. I've put a big piece of clear contact paper up on the wall at their level, or even on a cardboard box for a 3D effect, with the sticky side out, and then given them stuff to stick on and pull off. They love that, and it keeps them busy forever...lol
Attached: