View Single Post
daycare 08:51 AM 06-09-2017
Originally Posted by happymom:
I just want to say that just because a child questions an injury does not mean they are a liability to your daycare.

I always let daycare know if my toddler son was injured at home if he has a visible mark and I expect them also inform me if he was hurt at daycare.

The other day on our way to the car I noticed my 5 year old had huge claw marks on his face (broke the skin, very little blood). He can talk so he told me that another student clawed his face, the teacher didn't know it had happened.

Last week, I got my toddler home and into the bath, he had clearly been bitten by another child on the back (the mark is still there over a week later). No injury report either, the teacher said he "didn't cry" --which, I'm sorry, I know my child and he cries very hard when he gets hurt or when he gets his feelings hurt.

And while I realize stuff happens and kids bite and get bit and kids get hurt sometimes, I will always bring it to the attention of his teacher when my kids get hurt and a staff member didn't know it occurred. It doesn't mean I am a liability, it means I care that the children are being properly supervised.
I think it depends on how the parent is asking too. are they coming off accusing you, then yes, I do think they are a liability.