View Single Post
momofboys 05:46 PM 05-05-2010
Originally Posted by kpa0627:
I'm moving soon and becoming licensed so I will have 6 children between ages of infant-5 years. But I am also able to add 4 school age children too. I don't know that I'm going to have 4 but probably 2 (just for extra income). What do you guys do with school agers? What activities/toys/etc. I have a WII so was thinking about buying a couple appropriate games for school age children. But, I'm just so used to little ones I don't know what to get for the older ones so when they are at daycare before school and after school they have things that are theirs to play with and that way they're not bored!

Here's what we do. Well, first of all, I have two school-age boys of my own plus I watch one school-ager. We have LOTS of things like Knex, Lego sets, play doh kits, Martian MAtter (they LOVE this) to work on if the weather stinks. But honestly on days that the weather is good after they get home & have their snack we all head out in the backyard to play (baseball/frisbee/nature hunts/races). It helps that I only have 2 kids during the days it is easier for me to devote time to doing races, pitching baseballs, etc since I only have 5 total before & after school. We have a swingset/slide in the backyard that is age-appropriate for the school-agers so that helps also.