View Single Post
Annalee 01:16 PM 07-27-2014
Originally Posted by Wednesday:
We don't have QRIS yet. But it's coming. All of mine have been word of mouth too, but no luck this time. I'm about a block away from a high traffic intersection, so I'm thinking I should put a sign there?
QRIS does NOTHING to help providers here advertise...YES everything is posted online, but parents do not understand it.....QRIS does nothing to make a parent feel comfortable....even when I explain my very large mandated posted report card during interview, many times I get a blank stare from the client...Anyway, I have found that every 4-5 years I have openings because I generally get kids at a few weeks and keep them till school-age therefore building a waiting list but when I call from the list many kids have aged out or moved on....so that is why I try to keep word of mouth going along with some visuals so I can keep calls current allowing my spots filled as children enter kindergarten....just be persistent, Wednesday,.....it will come together for you. There are many illegally unlicensed home daycares in my area so they have took their share of clients from licensed programs. Good luck to you