View Single Post
Blackcat31 08:31 AM 08-29-2013
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
What are other symptoms of anxiety or attachment disorder? He is a perfectly normal 4 year old, with perfectly normal, loving parents. He honestly has the most 'normal' family in care (extended family are active in his life, his parents live together and are happily married) By not overly affectionate, I mean that he doesn't constantly hug/kiss and will do so 1-3x a day on his own but if someone comes up to him to hug him he says "no thank you" and walks away, myself included. He isn't aggressive, no separation issues. He says he misses parents, etc. They DO hug/kiss him.

I AM willing AND able to help and support him, which is why I posted it here and really do not want to term. He is a SWEET kid, very smart, very verbal, NO real behavioral issues. Plays well, has AMAZING self help skills, has been here two years, says he loves me and misses me every Monday morning, etc.
The comment about him needing to be a "man" really says a lot about how his parents feel and their parenting philosophies.....

Also the fact that mom won't or doesn't want to wash "so much laundry" (kids' shirts are hardly an entire load) says a lot too.... their child has a basic need and she doesn't want to do a bunch of laundry.... LOL!!